Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My necklace....

Necklaces worn around the neck are often seen but what does it means? To some it is a fashion statement. Hip hop cultures likes it big and heavy with a shining touch they often refer as “Bling Bling”. Rich wears pearls as a symbol of greatness and prosperity. Chinese wears gold as a sign of good wealth. Others wear string with a locket of their God as a sign of believe and also some wear them as a remembrance to someone close to their heart. I am one of those.

Necklace alone symbolize the person, worn without a locket means that the person is single and available. When I have a special someone I will attach a locket together with my necklace which symbolizes that special person.

Why all these? My necklace is always around my neck.

· When I sleep, wash, play, and move. With the locket around I include my special ones when I do everything. Normally I hide my necklace inside my shirt to protect it from prying eyes, protecting it from danger like I would protect my special ones from any harm.

· When I reach home, I take off everything on me. Change my cloth, my earrings, my wallet, my rings etc. everything except my necklace because I cannot take it off. It’s a part of me, my special one and me.

· When I am free, a habit of me is I will hold and adore my locket. Kiss it, pamper it and clean it. Just like I would do to my special one every single day.

· Lastly, the locket is the thing I wore nearest to my heart. Means my special one is always near to my heart. Wherever and whenever I am she is always there and I do hope she does the same thing.

That’s all about necklace to me. Not a fashion statement, not a show off item but something more than just a chain worn around the neck. It’s an important part of me which completes me.

3 comments:

o|i_oLi said...

oh really?? who is that special one ler??
hehe =p!!

brian-r-tan said...

i wish it is you... =)

o|i_oLi said...

don joke around k?? haiyo...=p!!